Thursday, January 19, 2012

Finding a House

So a few days ago our douchey alumni landlord decided to sell our house to the University and now we've just got to the end of the month to find a new place. All the other guys have either gotten expelled or made some bullshit plans they probably aren't going to actually going to have happen, but I've been making a lot of calls and looking for a room for myself in a house or something. Found a decent enough house, met the other guys that lived there and got the tour, but I had yet to talk to the landlord so I left him a voice message that went something similar to:

"Hi, my name is Corey and I'm interested in the room for rent. My only concern is that I do have a cat, but she's an outdoor cat, barely sheds if at all, and has never had any accidents. Please let me know what your policies are with pets, as I'm very interested in the room and could move in this weekend if possible."

Today he returned my message, the conversation with like this:

Me: "Hello?"

Older douche with a really slow stupid sounding voice: "Hi, I uhhhhhhh don't remember your name, but I got your message, about the room."

Me: "Uh, okay. Well my name is Corey."

Him: awkward silence

Me: "So how about that room?"

Him: "Yeeeeaaaahhhh wellllll (everything he said was so slow that I have to spell it out like that to really capture it) I uhhhhh don't realllly know how I feel abooooouuutt animals and alllll the messes they make in the house.

Me: "Right, well if you listened to my message (which he clearly didn't) she's a small cat and she stays outside most of the day, I haven't even had to clean her litter box in a year because she just does her business outside."

Him: "Yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh but all that haaaaaiiir they're always leaving around."

Me: "Well again, if you had listened to my message, she barely sheds at all. I wear a lot of black and I never have to use a lint roller."

Him: "Welllllllllllllllllll I've neverrrrrrrrrrrr met a cat that didn't shhhhhhhhhhhhed."

Me: "Okay well I've cats pretty much my whole life and I can tell you that some shed more than others and some don't shed at all."

Him: "Yeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh welllllllllllllllllllll I hate cats and dogs booooooth so I can't say I really know."

Me: "I mean if it's really a problem I could pay more on the deposit."

Him: "Wwwwwwwwwwwwwweelllllll I just donnnnn't knoooowww how I feeeeeeeellll about animals coming in and makingggggggg messsssses and making it haaaaaaaaarrrrrd for me to make the mooooorrtggaaaaaaage."

Me: "Look, if it's that big of a problem, I've got two other places I'm looking into and one is pet friendly, so we can just end this conversation now."

Him: "Oooooooookkkkaaayyy wellllllllllll ifff something happens aannnnd you leeeave the cat and thinnnnngssss channnnnge, callllllllllll me baaack."

Me: "Right, bye."

How does a guy like this come to own a house anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment