Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Possible New Place

It's going to seem pretty sketchy as I first describe the situation, and believe me I felt pretty sketched out myself as I was living this so learn with me.

I found an ad on craigslist today while I was in class. I've been taking my laptop to class lately in place of a paper notebook and not only do I now take better notes, but it actually saved my ass today in class when I had to give a research contribution, but that's a different story that can pretty much be summed up the way I just did. Anyway, I called the number immediately when I got home. The guy who answered sounded pretty friendly, and since neither of us were busy twenty minutes later I was at the house. From the outside it seemed a little odd, the garage was like boarded up sort of, but I can't imagine I would be parking there anyway. The front door had a glass window with little opaque glass butterflies in it, which I thought was a little strange. The guy opens the door before I knock and appears to be in his early forties maybe. He was very friendly, but not too friendly, and also seemed like a cool guy just for the fact that he had about a full sleeve of tattoo work on his right arm.

Then he introduced me to his mom, who also lives at the house. This is about when the sketchiness peaked. I only really said hi to her before he started showing me the down stairs and the room that I would likely be having. The room itself was huge. It had a decent sized closet and also a shit load of of cabinets. I don't really think it was intended to be a bedroom, but it works. Also, I would have my own fireplace. How about that for a romantic night? And there is also an entrance straight into the basement so I wouldn't really have to deal with the people upstairs that much, they'd just be my kooky upstairs neighbors I would occasionally go upstairs to get drunk with. After actually talking to the guy's mom for a few minutes, she was actually a pretty badass old lady. I noticed she had a smallish tattoo on her hand, so I'm assuming she has more. They were casually swearing around me which was awesome. Also this place would come with a washer and dryer, conveniently located down stairs, free high speed internet, and also digital cable with a DVR in my own room. Also also, there is a ground floor window in the room that would be easy for kitty to come in and out of. Also also also, there are two other rooms in the house for rent, one upstairs and another down stairs, so eventually I probably won't be the only one feeling a tad out of place. Also also also also, he said he is willing to just go month to month without a lease or a deposit or any of that nonsense, so this could all be so easy and convenient for me.

I am strongly considering this.

No comments:

Post a Comment